Stafford church of Christ
Began working with Stafford church of Christ in Stafford, Texas July 27, 2018.
The Stafford Church of Christ dates back to an humble beginning in March of 1954. The first Sunday’s services were held in a private home on Brand Lane in Stafford, with nine adult members and four children in attendance.
During the following week, upstairs space (an unused gambling hall!) was rented in the historic Cash building at 2839 N. Main Street in Stafford. The fledgling church met in that location for some 3 years. During that time the Stafford Church of Christ was formally organized and officially incorporated. Subsequently, property was purchased and the original church building was constructed at 211 Present Street – on the East side of the street – in what was to later become the city of Missouri City.
The Stafford Church continued at that Present Street location, with several building expansions, until the summer of 2003 when that property was sold.
Following the sale of the Present Street property in Missouri City, the Stafford Church relocated temporarily to a rented store-front facility in the Quail Ridge Plaza shopping center at 435 FM 1092 (Murphy Rd.) in Stafford. During the sojourn at the shopping center location, the real estate for the new facilities was purchased, and the architectural plans and drawings were developed and finalized.
Following approval by the various authorities of the city of Stafford, construction of the current facilities at 402 Stafford Run Rd. was started in the summer of 2005 and completed in the spring of 2006, with no resultant indebtedness, as was planned! The congregation moved into the new facility in May of 2006.
Since that move-in the current Elders have been nominated and confirmed by the membership, and were officially ordained in the spring of 2007.