Harold Sherman wrote a book entitled, How To Turn Failure Into Success. In it he gives a code of persistence. He says:
1) I will never give up so long as I know I am right.
2) I will believe that all things will work out for me if I hang on to the end.
3) I will be courageous and undismayed in the face of odds.
4) I will not permit anyone to intimidate or deter me from my goals.
5) I will fight to overcome all physical handicaps and setbacks.
6) I will try again and again and yet again to accomplish what I desire.
7) I will take new faith and resolution from the knowledge that all successful men and women have had to fight defeat and adversity.
8) I will never surrender to discouragement or despair no matter what seeming obstacles may confront me.