These are unhealthy reasons for marriage. If you find that any of these appear either on your list or in your mind, you should spend time discussing them with your fiancé and your marriage advisor.
1. To spite or get back at your parents.
2. Because of a negative self-image—marrying your fiancé will make you feel worthwhile and will give meaning to your life.
3. To be a therapist or counselor to your fiancé.
4. The fear of being left out—being single forever.
5. Fear of independence.
6. Marrying on the rebound—you were hurt in a former love relationship and to ease your hurt you immediately choose another.
7. Fear of hurting the other person—you’re afraid of what will happen to your fiancé if you break up even though you know that marriage is not the answer.
8. To escape an unhappy home.
9. Because you are pregnant or your fiancé is pregnant.
10. Because you have had sex. (Before You Say “I Do” by H. Norman Wright and Wes Roberts)